Cricket is not just a sport in India; it is more like a religion, and the passion for the game runs deep among the people. With the growth in the popularity of betting, online bookmakers have added several betting markets on their websites and one such betting type is Alternative Outcomes.
Are you new to the game and are wondering what are alternative outcomes in cricket? Then you have come to the right place.
We explain this betting type in detail on this page.
What are Alternative Outcomes in Cricket Betting?
Alternative outcomes are offered to give you more flexibility and diverse betting opportunities. They are commonly available in over/under bets, where the bookmaker sets a specific benchmark, and you can wager on whether the actual outcome will be higher or lower than the set benchmark.
Let's use an example of a cricket match between India vs. Australia to explain alternative outcomes in over/under bets.
- Standard Over Bet: Over 299.5 runs – In this bet, you are predicting that the total runs scored by both teams combined will be more than 299.5.
- Standard Under Bet: Under 299.5 runs – In this bet, you are predicting that the total runs scored by both teams combined will be less than 299.5.
Alternative outcomes give you the option to choose another number than 299.5 for this over/under bet.
1xBet lets you choose from a list of numbers that you can bet on. Of course, the odds will change if you choose an alternative outcome.
The alternative outcomes might look something like this:
- Over 289.5 runs – Here, you are betting that the total runs scored will be over or under 289.5. The odds for over will be lower.
- Over 309.5 runs – This bet predicts that the total runs scored will be over 309.5. The odds for this bet will be significantly higher.
- Under 289.5 runs – This bet predicts that the total runs scored will be under 289.5. The odds for this bet will be higher.
- Under 309.5 runs – This bet predicts that the total runs scored will be under 309.5. The odds for this will be lower.
Always remember that there are numerous markets available for this type of betting. You can not only place this bet on total match runs, but also on player runs, first innings score and much more.
In football betting, bets are often placed on the total number of goals in a match. Let’s consider 1xBet setting the odds for over/under 2.5 goals in a match between Man City vs Man United.
If you believe that the match will be a goal fest, you can choose an alternative outcome of over 3.5 or even over 4.5 goals. The higher the amount of goals you set here, the higher the odds will be.
On the other hand, if you believe the match will just have 0 or 1 goals, you can choose an alternative outcome of under 1.5 goals. This will also give you higher odds than if you would go with the original under 2.5 goals.
These alternative outcomes provide you with more options to tailor your bets according to your analysis and predictions. Each outcome will have its own set of odds, reflecting the bookmaker's assessment of the likelihood of that specific scenario occurring.
Where to Place Alternative Outcome Bets?
If you're an avid cricket fan, look no further than 1xBet for a popular and reputable betting platform with a vast array of options.
Whether it's a high-profile Indian Premier League match or a lesser-known European home league game, 1xBet covers almost every cricket event worldwide, providing odds for each match. They also offer the opportunity to taylor the alternative outcome bets to your own needs.
1xBet cricket betting caters to all enthusiasts, offering over 150 different bets for major cricket leagues. From handicap and number of boundaries to runs per over and the next mode of dismissal, the platform presents a plethora of betting opportunities to keep you engaged and entertained.