When it comes to betting on cricket, one popular market is betting on the top bowler in a match. This involves predicting which bowler will take the most wickets in a particular match.
Betting on the top bowler in a cricket match can be a great way to win money. However, it is important to do your research and understand the odds before you place your bet.
To make a perfect bet on the top bowler, it is crucial to consider factors such as a bowler's recent form, pitch conditions, and the opposition's batting lineup.
Join us and dive further into the top bowler bet in this extensive guide.
Odds for Placing a Top Bowler Bet
The odds of choosing a top bowler in cricket can vary depending on various factors. As mentioned above, the odds are influenced by several factors, including the bowler's recent form, and performance in previous matches.
A bowler who is in exceptional form or has a strong track record against a particular team may have lower odds, reflecting the higher likelihood of them being the top bowler.
Here is an example of the odds for a top bowler bet in the Asia Cup:
- R Ashwin: Odds of 2.00
- Mohammed Shami: Odds of 3.50
- Hardik Pandya: Odds of 5.00
In this example, Ashwin is considered the favourite to be the top bowler, as indicated by the lower odds. If you bet on Ashwin and they end up being the top bowler, you would receive a payout of 2.00 times your stake.
Which means that if you bet INR 1,000 on Ashwin and he actually becomes a top bowler in the match you will earn INR 2,000.
How to Decide Which Bowler to Bet on?
There are a few things you should look at when deciding which bowler to bet on. We have highlighted them below in order of importance.
Researching your bet is very important and can give you an edge over the bookmaker.
- The bowler's recent form: If a bowler has been taking wickets consistently, they are more likely to take wickets in their next match. For example : If R Ashwin has been consistently picking wickets in the last few matches he has played, definitely bet him to take one in the next game.
- The bowler's strengths and weaknesses: If a bowler is good at getting left-handed batsmen out, you might want to bet on them if the opposition team has a lot of left-handed batsmen. For example – Bhuvneshwar Kumar from India, has an excellent record against left-handed batsmen, so if there are a lot of southpaws in the opposition team lineup, bet on Kumar to take a few wickets.
- Pitch conditions: The pitch conditions can have a big impact on how a bowler performs. For example: If the pitch is dry and dusty, it will be easier for bowlers to take wickets.
- Weather forecast: The weather forecast can also have a big impact on how a bowler performs. If it is raining, the bowler will be less effective. Avoid betting on bowlers in this scenario, as it can be risky. Remember, try picking valuable bets instead of more risky bets.
How to Bet on Bowling Stats?
In addition to betting on the top bowler, you can also bet on specific performances of the bowlers in the team. These include betting on the number of wickets a bowler will take, how many runs a bowler will concede and how many extras a bowler will bowl.
We will give you some more details about these 3 bet types below.
- How many wickets a bowler will take: This is the most popular type of bet on bowlers. You can bet on the number of wickets a bowler will take in a match, or in a specific over. For example, you could bet on Pat Cummins to take more than 5 wickets on a pacy wicket in the Ashes.
- How many runs a bowler will concede: This is a less common type of bet, but it can be profitable if you are good at predicting how economical a bowler will be. For example, you could bet on Mohammad Shami to concede less than 25 runs in his first 5 overs, as you think he is excellent with the new ball and swings it both ways, making it difficult for the batsman.
- How many extras a bowler will bowl: Extras are runs awarded to the batting team because of a bowler's mistake like wide, no ball, etc You can bet on the number of extras a bowler will bowl in a match. For example, you could bet on R. Jadeja to bowl not a single wide in the innings, as he is very accurate.
How to Maximize your Winnings?
In addition to doing extensive research before placing your bets, there are a couple of other things you can do in order to maximize your winnings.
The first step to maximize your winnings is by placing your bets early. The odds on bowlers tend to shorten as the match approaches, so it is better to place them early if you think you have found a good value bet.
In addition to placing your bets early, you should also try out betting on a betting exchange. Exchanges allow you to bet against other people, rather than against a bookmaker. This can give you better odds and more flexibility when placing your bets.