Among the various betting markets available for football matches, “Both Teams to Score” (BTTS) is a popular option that adds excitement to your betting adventure. BTTS is one of the most bet-upon options when it comes to betting on a football match.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore how this market works and when it can be useful.
How Does Both Teams to Score Work?
The “Both Teams to Score” market is a straightforward and popular betting option in football. It simply involves predicting whether both teams in a match will score at least one goal each during the game. This market is known as “BTTS” among top betting sites.
Here's how it works:
You choose one of two options: “Yes” or “No.”
- “Yes” means you are betting that both teams will score at least one goal each during the match.
- “No” means you are betting that at least one of the teams will not score, resulting in a clean sheet for one of them.
Let's take a hypothetical EPL match between Liverpool and Manchester City. The odds for BTTS might look like this:
- BTTS (Yes): 2.00
- BTTS (No): 1.75
If you bet INR 1,000 on “BTTS (Yes)” at odds of 2.00, and both teams score during the match, you would win INR 2,000 INR (1,000 INR x 2.00).
On the other hand, if you bet INR 1,000 on “BTTS (No)” at odds of 1.75, and either one or both teams fail to score, you would win INR 1,750 INR (1,000 INR x 1.75).
Do note that for the “No” outcome, a 0-0 result also counts as a win.
Tip: The BTTS market is often used to increase the odds of an accumulator bet. Taking the example above, you could place a 1×2 bet on Man City to win and combine it with the BTTS bet. If both of your selections are correct, you will receive a relatively high payout.
When to use BTTS?
The Both Teams to Score betting market is useful when you expect an evenly matched contest with an attacking style of team coming up against one another.
Factors to consider before placing a BTTS bet include:
- Goal-Scoring Form: Analyze both teams' recent performances, particularly their ability to score goals and concede
- Defensive Records: Check if the teams have strong or weak defensive records
- Injuries and Suspensions: Check for any key players who might be injured or suspended. The absence of a top striker or a solid defender can impact a team's ability to score or defend effectively.
- Set-Piece Specialists: Identify teams that excel at set-pieces, as they have an increased chance of scoring from corners and free-kicks.
- Head-to-Head Statistics: Review past encounters between the teams and how many goals have been scored in these encounters
- Match Context: Consider the importance of the match, as teams might adopt different playing styles according to their table standings. High-stakes matches could lead to more attacking play
- Team Motivation: Consider the motivation of both teams. In some cases, teams fighting for survival or competing in a title race may play more aggressively, increasing the likelihood of BTTS.
On the whole, the BTTS market offers a straightforward yet engaging way to bet on football matches. The winning and losing bet in this marker all come down to your assessment of both team's offensive and defensive capabilities.