If you are new to the world of football betting, there will be plenty of markets you will love to explore. And one of them is Double Chance betting.
Double Chance betting in football is a popular option among all the football betting sites. It provides a way to reduce the risk associated with the traditional 1X2 bet by offering two out of three possible outcomes in a single bet.
On this page, we'll cover what double chance is, and how it works, providing you with real life examples along the way.
How Does Double Chance Work?
Double Chance betting is a type of wager that allows you to cover two of the three possible outcomes in a football match. The three outcomes in a football match are Home Team Win (1), Draw (X), and Away Team Win (2).
With Double Chance betting, you get to combine two of these outcomes, increasing your chances of winning. The three available Double Chance options are:
- Home Team Win or Draw: If the home team wins or the match ends in a draw, your bet wins. Also denoted as 1X.
- Away Team Win or Draw: If the away team wins or the match ends in a draw, your bet wins. Also denoted as X2.
- Either Team Wins: If either the home or away team wins, your bet wins. This option does not cover draws. Also denoted as 12.
For example, there is a match between Manchester United vs Arsenal. Suppose you believe that Manchester United is strong at home but want to cover the possibility of a draw as well.
You decide to place a bet of INR 1,000 on the Double Chance option for Manchester United at odds of 1.50.
If Manchester United wins the match or the game ends in a draw, you will win a total of INR 1,500 on your INR 1,000 bet. This means you make a profit of INR 500. On the other hand, If Arsenal wins, you lose the bet.
In this scenario, the Double Chance bet on Manchester United offers a level of insurance against a loss, making it a more conservative betting choice when compared to a traditional 1X2 bet.
Although, remember that odds are usually much higher in 1×2 bet rather than Double Chance.
When to Use the Double Chance Bet?
Double Chance betting can be a valuable tool in your football betting strategy if you are unsure about the specific event taking place.
It is important to note that betting on the favourite in a Double Chance bet is not very profitable, but it can be used in various other scenarios.
We are highlighting some of those scenarios below:
- Risk Management: When you're unsure about the outcome of a match and want to reduce the risk of losing your entire stake.
- Evenly Matched Teams: When the odds of either team to win are above 2.00 and you are not sure which to pick, the Double Chance bet often gives you decent odds for 1X, 12 or X2 outcomes too.
- Underdog Scenarios: When you believe an underdog team has a chance of causing an upset or a draw, you can use a Double Chance bet.
- Away Teams: In situations where you think the away team is stronger or better prepared than the home team, Double Chance betting can be used to protect your wager by covering both an away win and a draw.
Tips and Strategies
Now that you understand the basics of Double Chance betting, here are some tips that can be really helpful to you before you decide to place a bet on this market.
- Home Advantage: Consider the importance of home advantage. Home teams tend to have a slight edge in football, so if you're leaning toward the home team, the 1X option may be more appealing.
- Live Betting: Double Chance betting can also be applied in live betting. Closely follow that match and place double-chance bets based on how the game unfolds. This allows you to react to changing circumstances.
- Combine with Other Bets: Consider combining Double Chance bets with other types of bets, such as Over/Under or Both Teams to Score, to help you increase your profit or cover losses.
- Consider the Odds: Keep in mind that Double Chance bets often offer lower odds than traditional 1X2 bets. You might need to stake more to achieve the desired return. So assess the risk before placing a bet on this market.