Football betting has become a thrilling and popular pastime over the years for Indian football enthusiasts like you. With a huge number of betting market options available, one of the most exciting and potentially rewarding forms of betting is the football accumulator.
It is also commonly referred to as “acca” in the world of betting. Accumulator bets are a combination of multiple bets, offering the chance to multiply your betting amount into significant winnings.
If you're looking to start your football betting adventure, here's a comprehensive guide to football accumulators.
Understanding Football Betting Basics
Before starting into accumulators, it's essential to grasp the fundamentals of football betting. Always start with easier options before you start betting in complex betting markets.
Betting on football involves predicting the outcome of matches, such as a win, draw, or loss. Moreover, you also have options to bet on om halves, players' performances, cards, over and under, etc.
Top betting sites in India are known to offer odds for these outcomes based on various factors like team performance, player form, stats, etc.
Read our complete beginners guide for football betting to learn the basics. We recommend doing this before placing acca bets.
Introduction to Football Accumulators
Football accumulators involve combining multiple selections into one bet. You can select the outcome of several matches and combine them into a single wager, multiplying the odds together.
For instance, you might choose three English Premier League matches:
- Manchester City to win at odds of 1.75
- Liverpool to win at odds of 2.00
- Chelsea to win at odds of 1.90
When combining these selections into an accumulator, if each team wins their respective matches, the odds multiply together: 1.75 x 2.00 x 1.90 = 6.65.
An INR 1,000 stake on this accumulator would potentially fetch you a handsome INR 6,650 (including your initial betting amount) if all selections are correct.
Types of Accumulator Bets
Accumulator bets come in various forms, allowing you to diversify their selections and strategies.
Here are some popular types of accumulator bets in football betting:
- Double Accumulator: A double accumulator consists of two selections. Both selections must win for the bet to be successful. It's a simpler version of the standard accumulator, requiring only two correct predictions.
- Treble Accumulator: Similar to a double accumulator, a treble accumulator involves three selections. All three selections must win for the bet to succeed. It offers higher odds.
- Trixie: A Trixie consists of four bets involving three selections. It includes three doubles and one treble. Even if one selection fails, you could still gain some returns.
- Patent: A patent bet involves seven bets across three selections: three singles, three doubles, and one treble. It provides more coverage and allows for some returns even if one selection doesn't come through.
- Yankee: A Yankee bet includes 11 bets with four selections: six doubles, four trebles, and one fourfold accumulator. This type of bet offers returns if at least two selections win.
- Lucky 15: A Lucky 15 involves 15 bets across four selections: four singles, six doubles, four trebles, and one fourfold accumulator. This bet provides a decent return even if one selection fails.
- Super Yankee: Super Yankee, consists of 26 bets across five selections: 10 doubles, 10 trebles, five fourfold, and one fivefold accumulator. It offers returns if at least two selections win.
Do note that for an accumulator bet to win, you will need to predict all the outcomes correctly. If you want more certainty, you can place the bets from Trixie onwards, these are called system bets and can also be won if you don't predict each selection correctly.
How to Place an Accumulator Bet?
Placing an accumulator bet is possible at each legal betting site in India and is very easy. You will have to go place a general bet, but select multiple selections before you determine the stake.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to place an accumulator bet:
- Select a trusted and reliable bookmaker that offers accumulator betting options such as Parimatch.
- Create an account on the chosen platform if you haven't already. Deposit funds into your betting account
- Once logged in, navigate to the football matches you want to bet on
- Choose the football matches you want to include in your accumulator
- Click on the odds of your chosen selections to add them to your bet slip
- Enter the amount you wish to wager on the accumulator on your bet slip. You'll see the potential payout displayed based on the combined odds and your stake.
Tips for Betting on Accumulators
Football accumulators are thrilling without a doubt but also require careful consideration and strategy.
Here are some tips to get you started with betting on accas:
- Analyse recent team performances, both home and away
- Stay updated on injuries, suspensions, and squad rotations
- Combine various bet types (match result, over/under goals, BTTS, etc.) to diversify your accumulator
- Focus on quality picks rather than trying to cover numerous matches, which can increase the risk of losing