Sporting events are bigger than ever today and the online betting industry is thriving as a result. You, too, can be a part of it by joining an online bookmaker. The process of signing up with a trusted bookmaker is exciting, as it opens new doors to a world of possibilities.
In this digital age, these websites serve as an avenue for die-hard sports fans, giving you the opportunity to make money while betting on sports. By becoming a member of a bookmaker, you can immerse yourself into a realm that allows you to handpick live games and bet on different odds with the prospect of winning grand rewards.
On this page, you can learn everything there is to know about joining an online bookmaker. You can also read about what documents must be submitted, how to verify your account and more. Let’s get started!
Registering at a Betting Site
Registration is the first step towards becoming a member of a bookmaker. Before that, ensure that you have conducted detailed research and located a trustworthy, reputable bookmaker for your betting necessities.
Once you are sure about your choice, visit their official website on your web browser, and follow the below steps to complete registration.
- Usually, on the top-right corner of the website, you can find a ‘Register’ or ‘Sign up’ button. Click on it
- It will open a new page requiring you to provide important information about yourself like your name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number, currency, username, password, and a promo code. Most of these are accompanied by an asterisk, meaning those sections must be mandatorily filled out
- Make sure that you meticulously enter all the details
- Click on the box agreeing to being of the legal age and complying with the terms and conditions set by the bookmaker
- Once done, look for a ‘Register’ or a ‘Submit’ button at the bottom, and click on it
You will immediately receive a notification on the provided email address or phone number confirming your membership. Now you can login to your newly created account.
How to Log in?
As soon as you complete registration, you are automatically logged in to your account. If you have not permitted your browser to remember the username and password, you may have to manually login for your next session, whenever that is.
At that time, follow the below steps to login:
- On the top-right corner of the website, click on ‘Log in’
- A new dialog box will open asking you to enter your username and password
- Make sure that you remember both these details and enter them when prompted
- Then, click on Log in
If you have entered the texts correctly, you will be logged in to your account. You can now begin your betting session with the bookmaker.
On Which Betting Site Should I Register?
There are dozens of legal online betting sites in India and you will find that many of them are great options for betting on cricket, football and many more popular sports.
We have a great collection of the best bookmakers in India, which you can find by clickin the button below.
If you are looking for some of the greatest options that would be a good fit for every sports betting enthusiast, make sure to check out one of the 3 highlighted bookmakers below.
What Documents Are Required to Join?
The documents required while registering with a bookmaker can vary from source to source, but generally contain documents required to verify both your identity and address.
This is one of the most important stages, as the bookmaker needs to verify your legal age and other personal information.
In general, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Personal identification including a government-issued document like a passport, national ID card like an Aadhaar Card for Indian residents, driver’s license
- Proof of address such as a utility bill bank statement or a document that highlights your residential address
- Payment information to link a payment method to your account. This can be anything from a bank account number to a credit card/debit card, or e-wallet details
While the above-highlighted documents are critical and necessary for most bookmakers, some of them might even want responsible gambling or self-exclusion information.
This is usually as a part of their commitment to encouraging responsible gambling practices. In this step, you may be required to set certain limits such as a deposit limit, playing time limit, etc.
How to Verify my Account?
Verifying your account is crucial for several reasons. Firstly, it validates that all the information that you have given is accurate.
Secondly, it allows you to make withdrawals with the bookmaker. Until you have verified your account, you will typically not be able to withdraw your winnings.
Here is how you can verify your account:
- Visit the website of the bookmaker you have chosen for your gambling needs
- Click on the profile icon that is usually situated in the top-right corner
- Now, find an option that reads ‘Verify your account’ or something related to verification and click on it
- This step requires you to submit a photo ID and at times, even a personal identification
- Upload the necessary documents and click on ‘Submit’
Wait for a notification from the bookmaker confirming the completion of the verification process.
How Does the KYC Process Work?
After you have submitted the necessary documents, they are automatically checked for accuracy. In some instances, customer support personnel may be required to validate the details.
If any discrepancy is found, they will reach out to you for further clarification and provide you with enough time to re-upload the documents.
In case everything seems in order, you will be notified about the completion of the KYC process, thus rendering your account active and open for making deposits, withdrawals, and betting.
How Long Does the Verification Process Take?
If you have submitted the necessary documents, your account will be verified very soon. The verification time is usually less than 24 hours and you will be able to keep using your account during the time your verification is pending.
However, in some instances, the bookmaker may require you to submit additional documents. The reason for this may vary, and they will explain to you why they are needed. During such an instance, it may take between 24 to 48 hours before the account is verified.
Why Does a Bookmaker Need my Address?
Your address is needed to get your postal verification code, this is required by law by online gambling regulators..You cannot complete registering on a bookmaker’s website without providing a valid address.
Don’t worry, the bookmakers on Betindia are completely safe and trustworthy and will not use your address for any other purpose than for verifying your identity.
You should be wary of sports betting sites that do not ask you for an address, as their activities might be suspicious.
Do They Send me Letters?
No. Thanks to technology, most notifications are sent to members via SMS or email. A bookmaker asks for an address only because it is a mandatory requirement on the part of the gambling authorities.
Once your account is verified, the next step is to explore the website for your preferred betting options. You can find sporting events from all parts of the world like the ICC Cricket World Cup, English Premier League, NBA, PGA Tour, etc. You are presented with the best odds on them to help you arrive at an informed decision.
If you are new to online betting, you can also read articles about ‘how to make a deposit’ or ‘how to bet on cricket’ on our website. The process of joining a bookmaker is generally seamless and can be completed within a few minutes, and after verification, you can start a new betting journey!