Online betting has become incredibly popular in recent years, drawing attention from bettors like you worldwide. The rise in popularity is partly because it's convenient.
All top bookmakers offer a wide range of options, making it exciting for you to enjoy various kinds of wagers during your betting experience with them.
From cricket betting to football betting, from tennis to basketball betting, you will find everything on their platform. It's not just about who wins or loses; there are lots of different things to bet on.
One of the most exciting markets is placing a wager on future bets or outright bets. In this guide, we will explain to you what Future Bets or Outright Bets are.
What Are Future Bets/Outright Bets?
Outright betting is a popular form of wagering in sports where you predict the winner of a tournament, league, or competition rather than the outcome of a single match or event.
It's a long-term bet placed before the competition starts and remains active until its conclusion. In outright betting, you're not concerned with individual games or matches within the tournament; instead, you're focused on selecting the overall winner.
For instance, in cricket, you might bet on the team you believe will win the World Cup or a specific league like the Indian Premier League. Similarly, in tennis, you could bet on the player you think will win Wimbledon.
These bets often offer attractive odds since they involve predicting the champion among numerous competitors, providing the opportunity for potentially higher returns compared to single-game bets.
One of the key advantages of outright betting is the excitement and engagement it offers throughout the tournament. Unlike single-match bets, outright bets maintain interest and investment across the entire event.
Future Betting requires patience as the bet remains active for the duration of the tournament, sometimes lasting weeks or months.
Example of Outright Bets
Consider hypothetical odds for the IPL, with the Mumbai Indians offered at odds of 5.00 to win the tournament. If you wager INR 1000 on the Mumbai Indians and they claim victory, the potential payout would amount to: ₹1000 x 5.00 = ₹5000
Similarly for the EPL, let's imagine Manchester City holds odds of 2.50 to win the league. A bet of ₹1500 on Manchester City would yield potential winnings of ₹3750
Remember, odds can vary across different bookmakers. Always check and compare odds from various sources before placing bets as even the fine margins can help you win some extra money.
Availability of Outright Betting/Future Betting Odds
Outright betting odds generally become available before the commencement of a tournament or league.
All top bookmakers tend to release odds at least 15 days to 30 days before the beginning of big tournaments such as the World Cup or Indian Premier League.
Meanwhile, for small series such as a bilateral one in cricket, the outright odds are released only a few days before the commencement of the series.
These odds are subject to fluctuations, so always keep on monitoring before you decide to place the bet.
Cashout Features on Futures Bets/Outright Bets
Certain bookmakers provide a cash-out feature for outright bets.
This feature allows you to settle your bets before the tournament concludes, securing a portion of potential winnings or minimizing losses based on the current scenario.
However, the availability and terms of the cashout option may vary among bookmakers.
You can always read the terms and conditions related to the cash-out feature for future bets on whichever bookmaker you are opting for during your betting expedition.
Strategic Tips for Future Betting/Outright Betting
Mastering the art of future betting requires a blend of sharp analysis and strategic foresight.
Here are key tips to elevate your outright betting game and maximise your odds for success.
- Early Betting Advantage: Early bets might secure better odds, especially if backed by strong predictions.
- Late Betting: On the other hand, waiting until closer to the event can provide more information but will also give you lower odds.
- Thorough Research: In-depth analysis of teams' performances, historical records, and contextual factors is essential before placing outright bets.
- Expert Analysis: Consider expert opinions, but don’t rely solely on them. Use them as a reference point in your decision-making process.
- Stay Rational: Make decisions based on analysis and logic rather than emotions or gut feelings.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Outright Bets
Outright bets offer the advantage of potentially high returns but carry the risk of extended waiting periods; while they provide a chance to capitalise on long-term predictions, they also expose you to uncertainties over an extended season or tournament.
Here are some key points to be kept in mind:
- Higher Odds Potential: Outright bets often offer superior odds compared to individual match betting.
- Long-Term Engagement: Engages you throughout the tournament duration.
- Strategic Betting Opportunities: Allows strategic planning based on evolving circumstances.
- Extended Wait for Outcome: Outright bets are for a long duration before results are determined, tying up funds.
- Vulnerability to Unforeseen Events: Unexpected occurrences such as injuries or surprising performances can significantly impact outcomes.