In recent years, Esports has taken the world by storm, and its popularity has risen phenomenally in India as well. With its competitive nature, thrilling gameplay, and a dedicated community of fans, Esports has become more than just a form of entertainment.
Meanwhile, the top betting sites have also taken advantage of its growing popularity and they have given a dedicated section to Esports betting on their platforms. We at BetIndia are here to guide you through the thrilling world of Esports betting.
We aim to provide you with the knowledge, insights, and tips before you dive into the world of Esports betting.
BC Game Review
Fresh Casino Review
Sol casino Review
What are Esports and Esports Betting?
Esports is a term used to describe competitive video gaming. It involves individuals or teams of players competing against each other in video games across various genres.
Esports has grown into a massive global industry, with professional players, professional leagues, and large-scale tournaments being organised now and then. And above that the cash prizes and other incentives involved in the Esports competitions are mouthwatering.
Some of the most popular Esports titles include games like League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Overwatch, and many more. Esports events are often streamed online, making it accessible to everyone. Live Streaming access has enabled online betting sites to make the most of it and use it as a betting opportunity.
Esports Betting involves placing bets on the outcomes of events. It's similar to sports betting but focuses on competitive video gaming. You can place bets on various aspects of an Esports event, such as which team will win, the total number of rounds or maps played, individual player performance, and plenty more. Esports betting has gained immense popularity as the esports industry has grown significantly over the last decade.
How Does Esports Betting Differ from Traditional Sports Betting?
Esports betting shares many similarities with traditional sports betting, but there are also some differences as well.
When it comes to similarities, both Esports and sports betting offer a wide range of betting markets. Additionally, both betting types provide odds and lines set by bookmakers, which reflect the likelihood of specific outcomes. You can also do live betting both on Esports and Sports Betting.
So yes there are plenty of common things between these two types of betting. On the other hand, when it comes to differences, Esports involves competitive video gaming, which is different from physical sports. Understanding the game, its strategies, and its meta is crucial when it comes to Esports Betting.
Meanwhile, Esports often have more interactive elements, such as Twitch chat and in-game items, which can make betting even more exciting.
Esports Games, Esports Tournaments – A Betting World!
In the world of competitive gaming, where skill, strategy, and adrenaline combine, Esports gaming has been the talk of the town for years now. Esports has lured millions of fans worldwide thanks to dynamic gameplay.
Esports betting is your gateway to the world of competitive video gaming. From the epic battles of League of Legends and Dota 2 to the precision of Counter-Strike, we will explain everything to you in detail.
Betting on Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games have taken the Esports world by storm. MOBAs, with games like League of Legends and Dota 2 are the two most popular games that offer action-packed gaming experiences.
MOBA games are not just about player skill; they require a deep understanding of the game's meta, team strategies, and in-game dynamics.
Before you start betting on MOBA games, it's essential to have a good understanding of the game itself. Familiarize yourself with the rules, gameplay, etc.
There are various betting markets for MOBA games, including match winner, map winner, handicap betting, total kills, and in-play betting. It's important to understand these markets and how they work before placing your bets.
Betting on First Person Shooters
Betting on First Person Shooter (FPS) games, such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Overwatch, or Call of Duty, etc is very popular as well.
Before you start betting on FPS games, always remember to know every tiny detail of map layouts, game modes, and weapon balance. In addition to that, knowing the teams, players, and their strengths and weaknesses is very important as well. FPS Esports offers a variety of betting markets, including match winner, map winner, total rounds played, round handicaps, and in-play betting.
Sports Simulators – Easiest Way to Get Started With Esports Betting
Sports simulators, like FIFA, Madden NFL, or NBA, are a popular entry point if you are new to Esports betting because they mimic traditional sports, making them more accessible.
It's easy to bet on as you already have loads of knowledge about those sports. Common markets in sports simulators are match winners, over/under total goals or points, handicaps, and player-specific bets.
Other Games to Try for Esports Betting
There are also many other popular games that you can bet on. All these games have different sets of fans.
Here is the list of games you can try to bet on:
- Super Smash Bros
- Heroes of the Storm
- Rocket League
- Rainbow Six Siege
Where Can I Bet on Esports?
Choosing a reputable Esports betting site is the most important part before you start betting.
In this section, we will mention top bookmakers that cover Esports extensively and at the same time are reputable and trustworthy.
Parimatch India is a top choice for Esports betting, offering a wide range of games and events. The bookmaker's popularity is driven by its quality and quantity of options.
Notable games featured include Counter-Strike, Dota 2, League of Legends, Valorant, Overwatch, Call of Duty, and more. With multiple events and tournaments for each title, there are ample opportunities for you to win big.
The bookmaker also has huge Esports betting markets, including round, match, and tournament winners, total kills, handicaps, first blood, and more. Additionally, the odds are very competitive as well.
1xBet is another bookmaker that has a dedicated section for Esports and not to forget the market is huge here. CS:GO matches alone feature around 30 prop bets, while even less popular games like PUBG and Fortnite have about 10 special bets per match.
If you are a MOBA fan, you can wager on King of Glory, LoL, or Dota 2, while for Battle Royale, you can opt for PUBG or Garena Free Fire. Classic shooters like CS:GO and Call of Duty are also available.
The bookmaker offers daily cashback promotions for specific Esports, such as 10% cashback on FIFA bets every Wednesday and 20% cashback for League of Legends bets on Fridays. The bookmaker provides comprehensive pre-match betting markets for games like LoL, Dota 2, and CS:GO.
22Bet is another go-to platform for your Esports betting, offering a wide range of options. CS:GO is a top choice, with numerous live betting opportunities and upcoming events.
The diversity of CS: GO bets is impressive, including options like Outright Tournament Winner, Correct Score, Total Map Number, Maps Winners, Odd or Even Map Numbers, and more. The bookmaker extends this variety to other eSports games as well.
Special bets cover options like First Kill, Knife Round Winner, Total Rounds Over or Under, First to 5 Rounds, and more. You'll find competitive odds, often on par with or even surpassing other betting sites, excellent market depth, and a solid selection of games.
How To Bet On Esports – All The Different Betting Options
Betting on esports offers a variety of options. In this section, we will talk about different ways you can bet on Esports.
From Real Money Betting to Fantasy Betting, from Item Skin Betting to Esports Pool Betting, we will explain everything in detail.
Real Money Betting
Real money betting is the most common form of Esports betting. It involves wagering actual money on the outcome of Esports events and matches.
Popular real money betting options include Match Winner, Handicap Betting, and Over/Under Betting.
Fantasy Esports betting allows you to create your dream team by selecting professional players from various teams and competing against other fantasy teams.
Points are earned based on the real-life performance of your chosen players in Esports tournaments.
Betting on Streamers
Many popular Esports players and content creators live-stream their gameplay on platforms like Twitch.
Some bookmakers allow you to bet on aspects of their streams, such as the number of viewers, length of the stream, or in-game achievements.
Item Skin Betting
Item skin betting involves betting in-game items, often skins or cosmetics, as a form of currency.
This type of betting was popular in CS:GO but has faced legal challenges in recent years. Be very cautious with item skin betting due to its legal complexities.
Esports Pool Betting
Esports pool betting, similar to traditional sports pools, involves competing against other bettors to predict the outcomes of multiple Esports matches.
The prize pool is divided among those who make the most accurate predictions.
Social Betting Challenges
Some betting sites allow you to create or participate in social betting challenges.
These challenges often involve making predictions or bets against friends or other users in a social gaming environment.
How to Bet on eSports for the First Time?
Betting on Esports for the first time can be an exciting experience just like Sports Betting.
Here are steps to get started with Esports betting:
- Choose a Reputable Betting Site: Select a well-established and reputable bookmaker. Look for betting sites that are licensed and regulated in India.
- Create an Account: Sign up for an account on your chosen betting site. You'll need to provide personal information, including your name, email, date of birth, and KYC for age verification.
- Deposit Funds: Fund your betting account with the amount you're comfortable with. Always keep an eye on the minimum amount as it will vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. Also, deposit through a payment mode which is convenient for you.
- Place Bets: Make bets based on your research. Consider factors like recent form, roster changes, and the current meta when making your selections.
Esports Betting Markets
Esports betting offers a wide range of markets for you to choose from.
Here are some common Esports betting markets:
- Match Winner: This is the most straightforward type of bet, where you wager on which team or player you think will win a specific match or game.
- Outright Winner: These bets involve predicting the overall winner of a tournament, league, or competition. You can place bets before or during the event.
- Accumulator/Parlay: In accumulator or parlay bets, you combine multiple selections into a single wager. For example, you might bet on the outcomes of several different matches, and all selections must win for you to receive a payout.
- Esports-Specific Bets: These types of bets you will only find out on Esports betting:
- First Blood: Betting on which team or player will score the first kill or objective in a match.
- Map Winner: Betting on the team that will win a specific map or game within a match.
- Total Kills/Points: Betting on the total number of kills or points scored in a match, map, or round.
Regulation, Security, Fairness and Legality
Safety, security, fairness, and legality are critical aspects to consider when getting involved in Esports betting.
Here are some guidelines to help you ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in the Esports world:
- Regulation: When participating in Esports betting, select platforms that are licensed and regulated by reputable authorities. These platforms provide a safer environment and you will be at peace while betting. Always understand the rules and regulations of the specific Esports game you're betting on.
- Security: Be cautious about sharing personal information online. Only provide personal details to reputable and secure bookmakers, and ensure that your data is protected through encryption and secure servers. Additionally, always use strong, unique passwords for your betting accounts. Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible as it adds an extra layer of protection.
- Legality: Be aware of the legal regulations surrounding online gaming and betting in your region. Some areas have strict rules and restrictions, so ensure you're following the law. When engaging in Esports betting, use legal and licensed betting sites that operate within the legal framework of your jurisdiction. And always gamble responsibly.
All the betting sites you find on Betindia are 100% legal, secure and trustworthy. We recommend checking out our full list of betting sites to find the bookmaker that suits your needs.
Deposit Methods: The Rise of Crypto Esports Sites
Betting sites have multiple kinds of payment methods, including cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and other digital assets on their platforms.
The online world of crypto currency betting sites collides with betting on esports in a perfect partnership. We see a rise in sites accepting crypto deposits and these sites often also offer many esports markets.
The rise of crypto Esports sites is driven by several factors:
- Fast and Secure Transactions: Cryptocurrencies provide a means of near-instantaneous transactions with enhanced security features. Betting sites recognise the value of fast deposits and withdrawals.
- Global Accessibility: Cryptocurrencies are not tied to any specific country or banking system, making them accessible to everyone. This is particularly advantageous for Esports or betting enthusiasts like you all over the world.
- Anonymity and Privacy: Cryptocurrencies offer a level of privacy, which can be appealing to you if you prefer not to disclose your financial details when participating in Esports betting.
Make Use of Esports Betting Bonuses
To maximize the benefits of an Esports betting bonus, start by understanding the specific bonus type, its terms, and conditions. Choose the bonus that aligns with your betting style and goals, whether it's a welcome bonus, deposit bonus, or free bet.
Many bookmakers, like 22Bet, have dedicated Esports bonuses on their platforms. These bonus and promotional offers can enhance your betting journey big time.
Yes, betting on Esports is legal in India, as long as you do it on a legal betting site. You can find an overview of all legal betting sites on Betindia.
We believe Parimatch is the best betting site for Esports betting. They offer odds on a great variety of games and betting markets.
Yes, Esports are very easy to bet on. The process of placing a bet is the same as placing a bet on cricket or football matches.