Betting is illegal in India thanks to an archaic law that the British enforced in 1867. Yes, that's right, almost 150 years ago. That law, though, did not have anything about online betting or online casinos obviously and so there is nothing to stop you from betting online. Also, all the major websites are registered outside India in countries where betting is legal and so they do not come under the jurisdiction of Indian laws. How do I start betting online from India?
That is quite easy to do. Just follow these simple steps.
How do I start betting online from India?
- Choose a good online casino. We think one out of Casumo, Betway, 10Cric, or 22Bet should serve you very well.
- Deposit some money into your betting account. Each online casino has some different banking methods that they support but the best ones offer UPI, e-wallets like Neteller, or net banking to make the process very easy.
- Select a sport or an online casino game that you want to bet on. Cricket is the most popular choice in India but there are other popular options as well. Casino games like Roulette, Poker, Teen Patti, or Andar Bahar are very popular in India. Slots are also wildly popular and often the most frequented.
- Enter the stake that you want to play with and confirm your bet.
- That is it! You have successfully placed a bet online.
There are a few additional things that you will have to do while moving from one step to the other. For example, you will need to verify your account before you can actually make a withdrawal. That is as easy as uploading a photo of your ID.
You may also have to make an additional account with an e-wallet to start banking.
How do I start betting online from India? Just follow the steps mentioned above and you will be good to go!