Esports are taking over the world right now! There are more people interested in esports and betting on it than ever before. But how does esports betting work? What are the best websites for esports betting? We’ll answer these and more questions in the article below.
How does esports betting work?
Esports are basically tournaments in which people play video games against each other live. There are individual tournaments and team-based ones as well. The prize money for these tournaments can be millions of dollars so this is serious stuff we are talking about.
The most popular esports include:
- League of Legends (LOL)
- Dota 2
- CS: GO
Identify your favorite sport and check our recommended sites to make sure the tournament you want to bet on is available.
How to bet on esports?
- Log into your betting account
- Find the esports section (Some sites have a dedicated esports tab like Betway but some like 10Cric have esports under the ‘Sports’ category)
- Find your sport and the tournament you want to bet on
- Select your bet from the different markets available
- Stake the amount you want to bet and press ‘Place Bet’
- That is it! Enjoy the game!
A few tips to keep in mind
You always want to find the best odds available and so make more than one betting account to be able to compare. Above all, research is very important if you want to make some money just as betting on any other sport. There are a number of blogs that cover esports in-depth and so you can find excellent information about the different teams.
Most importantly, try to bet on games that you understand and maybe even play. There are a lot of different betting markets available so knowing how the game works will help you make the right choices.