Hyderabad and Bangalore are traditional rivals as they are two of the major cities of Southern India. This is true in IPL cricket as well as the two of them have had some quite epic encounters against each other. This time, the roles have been reversed a bit as the Sunrisers have lost their opening match while RCB has started off with a win. The conditions in Chennai should suit SRH more than RCB but as we have seen in the tournament already, the surface can behave a lot differently than it looks like it is going to behave.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore IPL 2021
Teams’ strengths & weaknesses
SRH is a strong bowling team and we saw that in the match against KKR as well. The bowlers stuck to their jobs and helped restrict KKR to at least 20 runs short of what it appeared like. The batting also seems to be more powerful than what we have seen before.
RCB's strength is its batting. Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and AB de Villiers are just a brilliant combination to have for any team. There is no question that on paper, RCB's batting is stronger than that of SRH.
Players in form
Jonny Bairstow and Rashid Khan are the two players in form that we think will also have a huge role to play in this next match. Bairstow played a bit out of position and can hopefully get his opening slot back but he just continues to score runs at will. Rashid Khan has a great record against Virat Kohli and Ab de Villiers. That contest is going to be crucial.
AB de Villiers does not seem to have slowed down at all. He won the match from a difficult position against an excellent bowling attack in the previous match and is going to be the main threat once more.
The match conditions have been quite reasonable so far. There has been some heat and humidity but not too much dew to affect the outcomes of the match. We think the pitch is going to start spinning more and may become a bit more difficult to score off. Also, the team that wins the toss is going to have a slight advantage since it will probably end up chasing.
- There have been seventeen matches played between the two teams with ten of them being won by SRH
- David Warner, Virat Kohli, and AB de Villiers are the three highest run-scorers in matches between SRH and RCB.
- Rashid Khan has picked up Virat Kohli once and given runs away at under me run a ball to him in the IPL so far.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has picked up 16 wickets n matches played between the two teams. He did not have a good match in the previous outing but he is one player that you can not afford to underestimate.
- 13 out of the previous 25 IPL matches played at the MA Chidambaram stadium have been own by the team that has batted first. That is something to be kept in mind even though everyone seems to want to bat second after winning the toss!
The match is being played in Chennai which would have seen a fair bit of cricket in the last few days. However, the format that AB de Villiers and Glenn Maxwell is a massive plus. We also expect Devdutt Padikkal to be available for selection for this match. Royal Challengers Bangalore is a very strong batting side and their bowling is not too bad either.
Winner: Royal Challengers Bangalore (1.72)