DISCLAIMER: Betway does no longer accept new Indian players starting from October 2023. We recommend signing up with 22Bet instead.
Whether you're a seasoned bettor or just starting out, Betway offers an exciting platform where you can put your sports knowledge to the test on a legal and licensed platform. But before you dive into all the action, it's important to understand how to join this popular bookmaker.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the step-by-step process of registering an account, logging in, verifying your identity, and more. So let's get started on your journey with Betway – where every bet counts and big wins await!
How to Register at Betway?
When you are ready to join Betway, you can simply follow the steps below to create your account.
- Head to the official website.
- Click the register button on the top right
- Here you will need to give your personal details, account information, and contact details.
- You will need to provide your title, first name, surname and date of birth as per your PAN card. As part of the account information, you will have to choose a username and a password and provide your email id.
- In the contact details section, you will have to provide your address, city, pin code, state or region, mobile number, PAN card number, choose your preferred language, and choose your currency.
- You will need to confirm that you have read the terms and conditions and you are of legal age.
- If you would like the welcome bonus you would also need to confirm that you accept the welcome bonus terms and conditions.
- If you would like to receive promotions and offers from Betway, you can check the boxes of email, SMS or all.
- Click on the register button.
Once you account is created you can choose to make a deposit right away through various options such as UPI, Visa cards, Skrill and many other convenient payment options or you can just go back to the home page by clicking on the ‘Back to Games’ button.
If you want to learn more about depositing funds you can read our Betway deposits page.
How to do Betway Login?
To login to your account at Betway, you can take the following steps:
- Go to the official Betway site
- Find the fields for entering your username and password on the top bar
- Enter your details and press the Betway login button
If you forgot your password or your username or both, you can click on the ‘Forgot Login’ link just below the box for your username. The process to get your username and reset your password is similar to various other sites.
You will need to enter your registered email ID. You will get an email to reset your password. You just need to choose a password that is different from the previous password and meets the basic requirements such as length and special characters.
If you need more information about changing personal details such as password and username, read our page on changing personal details on Betway.
How Does the Betway KYC Process Work?
The Know Your Customer (KYC) process is a breeze. You just need to provide details such as your name, address, and payment method, and verify them by submitting relevant documents.
You can submit copies or photographs of the relevant documents. The documents will be verified automatically. However, if required, the document will be verified by a Betway representative. With this, the KYC process will conclude.
After this, you will be able to make deposits, make bets, and withdraw your winnings.
What Documents are Required for KYC?
To join Betway, you will need the following documents for:
- Provide proof of age, confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Submit a copy of your passport or driver's license as identity proof.
- Acceptable documents include a recent utility bill, such as electricity or telephone bill.
- The utility bill should be no older than 6 months.
Payment Method Verification
- Submit a copy of a recent credit or debit card statement or bank statement.
- These statements should not be older than 6 months.
How to Verify your Betway Account?
By following these steps and meeting the requirements, you can verify your Betway account for participation in their services:
- Providing basic details: You will need to provide basic details such as your name, address, preferred currency, and country.
- Document submission: Betway needs to verify that the details you submitted are true and accurate. To do this, it will ask you to submit copies or photos of your ID proof, payment method proof, and residential address proof.
- Additional document requests: This step is not required if Betway was able to verify your personal details from the documents you already submitted. If Betway can't verify your account with the initial documents, they may request more.
- Periodic verification: Betway may conduct periodic account verifications to ensure that all the information is up to date.
Be aware that verifying your Betway account is essential in order to withdraw money. Read our Betway withdrawals guide to get to know everything about the withdrawal methods, processing times and more.
How Long Does Account Verification Take?
Typically, it will not take a lot of time for your account to be verified. After all the documents are submitted, they are verified automatically. In some cases, representatives might take a look at the documents to verify your account. This whole process should not take more than 48 hours.
In case you have not heard back after two days you can reach out to the customer support. Check out all the contact details on our Betway customer support page.
Why Does Betway Need my Address?
All online betting sites are required to keep the addresses of people making bets on their websites. This is a regulatory requirement set by gambling authorities around the world. Betway is regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
So, when Betway asks for your address, you should feel secure about participating in gambling on a platform that is licensed and uses fair practices. Discover all the licenses and regulations of this bookmaker on our page on Betway trustworthiness.
If you find yourself on a site that does not require your address, you should consider leaving it as it might be illegal.
Does Betway Send Letters?
Since Betway collects addresses from its users, you might think that they will send you letters. However, this is not true. Online bookmakers are required to ask for your address to the gambling authorities.
All communications, including updates regarding bonuses and promotions, will be sent through email.
Once you have registered yourself on Betway and your account is verified, you can make deposits, and bet on cricket, football, table tennis, basketball, kabaddi, hockey and UFC among other sports.
You can choose to use the Betway platform through their app. When you make the first deposit, you might qualify for bonuses. To make sure you gamble responsibly, you can set session reminders, deposit limits, or self-exclude.
To understand the various features of the Betway site better, check out the following pages: